Monday, February 4, 2013

Say YES

You know a lot of articles out there are written on how to say "no" to other people, but my problem is being able to say "yes". Just yesterday as I was walking to a movie theater early in the morning, I ran into a handsome young man. We looked at each other for a short second and kept walking our own ways. But then he turned and said "Can I walk you to wherever you are going?" And I said no, which I do really regret. It has been my dream and desire to find the soulmate, but it is a real problem for me to actually say yes to the new people that I meet, to say yes to all these opportunities of meeting the guy. I mean it is not the first time that I have said no to a proposal like this. Which means that I could have missed out on the soulmate. And that scares me, to be honest. I have the opportunity, but I say no to it. So one of my goals for this year is to learn to say yes. In this sense I absolutely love the movie "Yes Man" ehich shows that as soon as you become open for something new, a lot of opportunities miraculously appear at your door step. But when you think about it, it is not a huge miracle - all the oppotunities have been there before, it is you who were absent, absent by constantly saying no.
So the advice of today is: say YES. Be open to new acquaintances, new possibilities, new opportunities. YES is the one word that can make miracles happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment