Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dream your goal

I have read an interesting article recently which is called "Instead of making resolutions, dream". When I finished reading it, I wasn't at all inspired. It all seemed pretty obvious to me and I kept thinking "Isn't a resolution already a dream?". For example I remember an episode from 'Friends' series - I don't remember which season it was, but the episode was about resolutions. So Monica's resolution was to take more photos. - so her dream was probably to become good at photogaphy. The same is when a person's resolution is to eat less, then his/her dream is most likely to become fit or lose weight.
So I kept thinking about this article for a couple of days and now I'm starting to see the point of it, I'm stating to get it in my own way. I think that a dream here is more like a goal, what do you want to achieve. And a resolution is a way to achieve the goal. So I would agree that resolutions should be clearly thought out and that it might be a good idea to take a month or so to think about what your wishes and desires, so that a resolution doesn't become a andom thought that came to your mind on the first day of a new year. It should be something more, something you you know you should do because it will make you dream come true. For instance, in the above example with Monica we know that it was her random desire (she has never talked about it or we have never seen her taking photos), so this is probably the reason why she didn't succeed.
So the advice of the day is: dream your goal and then pick out one main thing that will bring you closest to your dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment