Sunday, December 16, 2012

Don't be afraid to try new things

Just this morning I returned from a short trip to Prague. It's quite a beautiful city, but I do not actually feel that excited about it. For example Madrid, where I also stayed for just 2-3 days, made me feel like I definitely need to come back to the city, whilst here it was "Yeah, I am happy to have visited Prague, it is quite a nice city, but at the end I do not feel inspired by it". But what I DO feel inspired about is oysters. I have tasted them for the first time yesterday, and OMG are they delicious! And so this discovery of oysters also made me feel inspired to not be afraid of trying new stuff. I was a bit of a coward when I was sitting in front of the oysters, my friend made me drink a glass of wine at one gulp to reduce the fear and then I finally got the courage to put this small stringy thingy into my mouth. And once it was in, I wanted to have more and more.
Can you imagine how many things there are out there that we do not know about, and this unknownness makes us scared to even try, to make a first move. It's ok if we try, and do not like it, or we try and we fail, or we try and hate it - the main thing here is to try, to EXPERIENCE the unknown in order to really understand it. I used to say that I don't like oystes, they are stringy and they should probably taste awful, but how could I possibly know, how could I objectively say that I did not like it? The same goes for everything else in our everyday life.
So the advice if the day is: got out there, experience live and do not be afraid to try something new even if it may seem to be scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment