Thursday, August 2, 2012

August: month of dare

At first I didn't want to somehow distinguish this month, but ... Since I still cannot get up in the morning and go for a run I decided to follow the advice of Leo Babauta and make a public promise. So I promise you and myself that starting from August 6th I will go for a run 5 times a week. I decided to start from Monday, because I already know myself, it is easier for me this way, because I mentally prepare myself for that every day so by Monday my mind should be ready to do that. I have noticed that it is hard for me to start doing things right away - I need some time for my mind to get comforatble with an idea and to prepare itself for it. So I have decided to take a few days off, to relax and just get used to this idea - because remember how I couldn't sleep till 4 in the morning the first time I decided to do that. My mind was constantly thinking "You have to get up soon! You have to get up soon! You have to get up soon!" and then it's no wonder that it was so tired by the beginning of the morning that it didn't even hear the alarm. Well, it starts to seem that I am trying to find excuses instead of just an explanation, so I am going to stop now and get back to this topic on Monday.
Is there something you can dare yourself to do this month? If yes, then you are welcome to join me in my challange:)
And the advice of the day is again:

No comments:

Post a Comment