Sunday, August 5, 2012

Take a break

Today I slept till 10 in the morning. I usually don't sleep that late in, becasue I have this wierd thing with my body - 7-8 hours of sleep is more than enough for me and if I oversleep even for 1 hour, I will get a headache. Sometimes a cup of coffee will make the headache go away, but sometimes it won't and I have to take a medicine. I am not a fan of that, so that's why I try to avoid sleeping that much. But today I just wanted to take a break form everything - even from controlling the length of my sleep. I let myself stay in bed as much as I wanted to, I let myself eat and do whatever I wanted to. I tried to listen to my body and at some point I felt the need to close my laptop, turn off the music and just be in silence for a while. In total silence. It would have been great if I could stop thinking thoughts - but that is a skill I still need to master. I think I have read it Robin Sharma's "Monk who sold his Ferrari", where he described how these monks can go for a day without speaking and thinking, they just let there mind relax and revive. And I think that it is a wonderful practice. I am not sure if I could d it for 24 hours, but for 1 hour during a weekend - why not to try? And I will also take a little break from computer tonight - I will turn it off an hour earlier than usual. I will either go to sleep (I have a big day tomorrow, remember? - I need to go for a jog in the morning). And if I find it hard to fall asleep, I will catch up on my reading.
So the advice of the day is: 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment