Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dare to be brave

I was looking through my diary today and found this little poem by Samanthe Reynolds. I found it very useful to me and wrote it down. And now I want to share it with you. It is called: Be Brave Tonight

Courage is not a genetic hand-me-down
or a choice you can rely on
in the moment

it is a muscle

if you do not use it
it will shrink
you will go to be brave one day
and find you are floppy
and unsure.

so try on
your convictions
start with your own echo
the words that play in your head
quicksand words
telling you things like
never

stand up to yourself
stare down the doubt

in the pitch-black privacy 
of your darkest thought
be gutsy
remember that a sadow 
carries no weight

rescue yourself
and you will grow
like a plant to sunlight
bent
towards valor. 

So the advice of the day is: dare to be brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment