Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dare to not be afraid

As I told you yesterday there are going to be some major changes in the department where I am working now. I was feeling quite depressed for the last two days and mainly because of the uncertainty. If our department stops to exist than my postion is no longer required. And that scared my a lot today. I have talked a bit about it with my manager, I hope we will discuss it more tomorrow. But now I was thinking about this situation, and I have decided to not be afraid to say what I want to get out of this situation.  One of the things that I really like about my manager and another girl who I've become very close with - is that they know exactly what they want and they are not afraid to say it. Me, I have always been super considerate of other people, their feelings and emotions and thoughts about me. But you know what, if I don't say my true opinion, if you don't express your thoughts - then the whole world will just be full of lies. And I don't want that. I want to be truthful, and this time I don't want just to sit and see what they will suggest. I will ask for what I think I deserve. And I really want to stay in this company, because it has everything I have been looking for. So I will not be afraid to express my desire and will suggest the options that I find suitable.
If you are like me and always think about how to be polite with people so that they like you more - that's not how it works. They will like most when you are open with them and you say truth to them. So the advice of the day is: Dare to not be afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment