Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dare to learn

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.  
~Pablo Picasso

I am so thankful for my job and for the people that I work with. They give me so many opportunityies to learn, to try something new. I am learning how to not be afraid of calling people I don't know and have never met. It's not that I was afraid to do that, but now I feel confident when talking to them. I learn how to tell people that they may have made a mistake, how to tell them that my opinion counts, that I can come up with something valuable.
I have discovered for myself that it is such an important thing to learn something new. To feel your brains working. To physically feel how every cell in your head starts to move. It makes you feel so alive. And to feel that you have to challange yourself to learning something that seems extremely difficult for you, or that you thought you will never understand. I have this student of mine (I give English lessons to a couple of people) and after each lesson he says that he can actually feel his brain. That's because he is thinking a lot before saying each sentence, or using this or that verb form. In our daily life and work we get so accostumed to doing things a certain way that sooner or latet so stop thinking. That's what had happened to me at my previous job, and for the last year that I was working there I could feel that I wasn't evolving, I was stuck and was living a routine life. But in order for your life to evolve, you need to evolve too. That's why it is so important  to do new things, to visit new places, to try new foods, to learn new things - everything new, unknown makes the cells in our brain go faster. And that's when you can feel that you are alive. 

So the advice of the day is: dare to learn! 



No comments:

Post a Comment