Thursday, September 27, 2012

Create morning rituals

Do you have any certain morning routine? I don't, but I really want to create one. Right now I usually snooze the alarm until the very last minute, then get up, dress up, make up super quickly and rush out of the apartment. I remember last summer I was also very interested in creating a morining routine, and actually succeeded in that - I woke up at 7, took a shower in the morning (now I only do that in the evening), applied the make up very carefully and went to work on foot. It took me an hour to get to work, but it was very nice to have a long walk before work. And now I want to create certain morning rituals, because I will need it very soon. I  I have just enterted a University - my studies have already begun, but since I was on vacation I had to skip the first three days. And also I have planned to have English lessons via Skype in the morning. So I have to be fresh and energetic since 7 o'clock. I have found these tips here:
  • Decide on a wake-up time and stick to it. Give yourself 30-60 minutes for your morning ritual.
  • Get Moving. The hardest part of waking up is getting over the sleepiness; it’s all too easy to drift back off to dreamland. So get up and get moving. This is a great time to do a little exercise. If that doesn’t fit in with your schedule then just do a few stretches or walk up and down some stairs a couple of times.
  • Choose something that you want to luxuriate in. It may be reading, swimming, yoga, gardening, creative projects or study. Really, it is whatever you find enjoyable. Now dedicate a little time to this in the morning.
  • Do it for thirty days. To instil a habit you need to do it for thirty days, so stick to your ritual and don’t miss a day. Before you know it, it will become second nature for you.
  • Write up your morning ritual, make it look uber cool with computer texts and graphics. And then frame it, and keep it by your bed

I think these are quite useful ideas and I plan to implement them into my mronings.
So the advice of the day is: create your morning rituals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment