Friday, September 28, 2012

Create songs

About a year ago I was talking to a friend and she asked me "How long ago did you sing songs to yourself?" Sing in front of a mirror, or when you walk in the street and just feel like singing without your i-pod on. She said that happy people always sing to themselves and she hadn't done so in quite a long time. I remembered about this conversation during the week in Spain. The first night we arrived there we immediately went to the beach. I was standing there in front of the sea and felt so incredibly happy that I want to dance and sing. And I started just to make up some songs in my head, and I am still smiling when I think about these happy moments. I guess my friend was right. I searched the Internet a bit about this and found these facts:
"The physiological effects of singing are fairly well-documented. For those who doubt its power, just look at songbirds: When male songbirds sing to female songbirds, it activates the pleasure center of the male's brain. In fact, scientists have discovered that the effect of singing on the birds' brains is similar to the effect of addictive drugs on human brains [source: EurekAlert]."
So the advice of the day is: create songs, even if it is just in your head. Sing them to yourself and notice this happy state of mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment