Thursday, September 13, 2012

Create thank you letters

So my manager left today. Went back to Sweden. I took a pill today so that I didn't start crying when we were saying the final goodbyes. But when I came home I couldn' t fight my tears any longer. I feel the same way as I did 7 years ago after my first year in a summer camp when EVERYBODY left during one day, and only 6 people stayed for the post camp. I remember I cried my eyes out, it was so hard to say goodbye to all the wonderful people I had met and with whom I shared some of the greatest moments. And today even though it was just 1 person, I still can't believe how hard it is. I am so thankful to her for taking me into the company, for believing in me sometimes even more that I believe in myself, for teaching me so many things. I am upset that I didn't get a chance to say all those thank yous in person. That is why I decided to write a thank you letter to her, because I think that it is important to let people know about your thoughts, feelings and appreciation. I know that it would make me happier, and I guess you will agree with me.
So the advice of the day: write thank you letters. If you are like me sometimes and don't have the guts to say all the wonderful words in person, then a letteris the best way to show that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment