Thursday, October 4, 2012

Learn to escape limitations

It is in fact a part of the function of education to help us escape, not from our own time -- for we are bound by that -- but from the intellectual and emotional limitations of our time.
T.S. Eliot


I am so  loving my University, well not the university itself as a building but the fact that I am studying. I began to use my brains, to think actively. Although I do still try to find easy solutions or to google the answers, but I am learning to use my own head more and more often. It does help me escape from limitations, as T.S. Eliot puts it, but I would these are in my case limitations of my mind. And it is actually not only at the university that I learn to do that, but at my wonderful job as well. I have noticed that I began to take more responsibilities, and this is also a part of freeing myself from limitations.  

So the advice of the day is (I will use T.S. Eliot's words because they really resonate with me): Learn to escape limitations

.  

No comments:

Post a Comment