Sunday, October 7, 2012

Learn to savour the food

I am a great chocoholic. I love everything chocoalte. My favourite kind of ice-cream is choclae ice cream with chocolate chunks with chocolate glazing. And I love-love tripple chocolate brownies. But starting from this week I began to make some changes in my food routine and I haven't had chocolate the entire week. Until today. Today for breakfast I had 2 pieces of dark chocolate, oh it was so amazing. I really felt the taste of the chocolate, I savoured it for as long as I could and I really appreciated the whole breakfast. And so after I began thinking and I realized that lately I haven't been getting as much pleasure out of chocolate as I had used to. I was just eating it out of habit. But I wasn't enjoying it. And it happens a lot not only with chocolate but with other foods too. And for that matter not only with food, but with everything else as well. We got so used to all the comfort around us that at some moment we stop to appreciate it. And I want you to take a moment and to think what things and foods that bring you comfort, pleasure, moments of happiness are you grateful for. Enjoy and savour them today.
So the advice of the day is: learn to savour the food (and everything else around you)

No comments:

Post a Comment