Monday, October 8, 2012

Learn to walk

There are several new things that I am learning to do these weeks and one of them is waking up early and going for a walk. I have wanted to get up at 6 a.m. for over a year, but now I am actually doing it. It has only been a week, but I got up even on the weekends - well, on Sunday I got up at 7:30, but this counts as 6 on a Sunday morning. And the first thing I do is I get dressed, drink a cup of water and go for a walk. There is a nice little park really close to my house, so I walk there for 30-50 minutes in the very-very morning. And it feels so nice and awesome to breathe in the fresh air of an early morning. And on Saturday when I had a little more time for the walk, I felt extremely inspired by first walking in the dark and then noticing how it gets lighter and lighter (I wish it hadn't been so cloudy and I could see the sun rise). While I walk I think about the plans for the new day, I do face stretching (like Garret from Radical Undoing in this video), I laugh, I even close my eyes for a bit and try to meditate. And I have noticed that even though my mind sometimes in the morning starts telling me to stay in bed and do the walking tomorrow, my body actually speaks louder. I think it is because of all the positive energy I am getting from these walks. And it is not at all tiring, so I don't feel exhausted and I don't have any negative associations with this workout.
So my advice of the day is: learn to walk. Get up and go wwalking! A lot of people say that walking is the best exercise and I agree with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment