Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Learn to love all seasons

I live in Moscow, Russia and we have 4 very clear seasons with cold winters, blooming springs, hot summers and rainy autumns. I used to be very dependent on the weather outside the window. I used to get depressed in late autumn because of all the rains and dark skies. And February, for example, used to be the worst month of the year - Iwould get so tired of the winter and the lack of the sun and as a result I would spend the greater part of the month feeling sad. And today I realised that I don't have that anymore. I actually enjoyed the rain. I think it is a part of this transformation that I am going through, transformation of thinking - when my mood is defined by what is going inside rather then outside. I mean we cannot change the weather, but we can change our attitude, we can change the meaning that we give to the weather, For example, autumn used to mean greyness, darkness, wetness. But now it means more coziness, meet-up with friends in a coffeeshop rather than outside, hot tea with a cupcake. And when you have these pictures in your mind - there is no reason for you to be depressed.

So the advice of the day is: learn to love all the seasons.



No comments:

Post a Comment