Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Learn to take cold showers


This month there are a lot of new things that I am beginning to learn and implement. First of all there is the actually learning as in reading books, doing homework, preparing for seminars and writing essays. Then there are the new eating habits, the habit of getting up early, the habit of taking 1- hour walks in the morning. And now there is the habit of taking cold showers. Well to be precise it is a usual shower that ends with a bucket of cold water being poured all over you - I'm sure there is a certain word for that in English, I just don't know it yet. Actually this is the first habit of all the listed above - tomorrow will be 3 weeks that I have started doing so. My mom used to take such showers when I was 11-11 years old. In winter she would also go out in the evenings to walk barefoot on snow and she would take us with her. And I remember that we were always healthy. There was only one time when I had a fever at school and I was 9 years old at that time. And so for the rest 6 years at school I didn't get sick. So I hope that this new habit will strengthen my immune system and also will help me heel my knee, which is still aching when I bent it. Because they say that water heels everything. 
So the advice of the day is: learn to take cold showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment