Thursday, July 26, 2012

Love and enjoy moments alone

I love listening to music. I have music on almost all the time. Even at work when I am working on something that requires my consentration, e.g. preparing a presentation, I usually put in the earphones and turn on my iPod. But sometimes there are moments when I just need the silence. I physically feel this need to be alone, not to be interrupted by anyone or anything. I want my mind to calm down, to relax. And any music sounds irritating to me. That's what I felt today. And I think these moments are very important. You should learn to listen to your body and to your mind and the best way to do that is when you are alone. Usually when I feel this need to stay alone, I can't just sit and do nothing. And that's when I start to create - I begin to draw, or to make photoframes, or make something else with my hands - and just let myself think whatever thoughts come into my head. That is some kind of meditation for me, but not on a regular basis. And what is the purpose of meditation? Remes Sasson says: "the main purpose is the reduction of physical and mental stress and the gain of some peace of mind". But for me the real purpose is to listen to yourself, to find out your heart's inner desires. I learned that about a year ago when I felt completely lost in this world, was absolutely not satisfied with my job, and had no idea what I wanted to do. That's when I started meditating, and I found out that I did know the answers to all of those questions. I just had to listen very carefully to my inner voice. And because I hadn't listened to it for a loooong time, it became very very low and very hard to be heard. Now that I have figured out all of those question, I have stopped meditating - but tonight when I was enjoying some moments alone I felt that I miss it, that I really need more of myself-time, even if it's just 5-10 minutes.
So the advice of the day is:


No comments:

Post a Comment