Thursday, July 19, 2012

Love and keep in touch with your friends

There are two main opinions on how many true friends a person really has. Some people think that a true friend, someone who will be there for you no matter what, is not that common to find and that you can have only one or two people in your life who you can call your real friend. Others say that this number is actually unlimited. My opinions on this topic have changed. Whan I was in high school and university I thought that I can only have one best friend - and so it was. I would choose a girl and make her my best friend. Of course it wasn't just a random girl, it was someone with whom we got along well, and we did spend a lot of time together, and I was completely sure that I could trust this person no matter what. But now that I think about it, it seems to me that it was some kind of a roleplay, especially in high school. I had this image about friendship from different movies and magazines, a certain idea what BFFs should do, what they should talk about and so on. Especially with this high school friend - I think it was such a childish and kind of forced friendship, it's no wonder that we don't keep in touch any more. 
The university friend, though, is still one of my closest friends. We now live in different cities, but whenever I come to visit, she is the first and sometimes the only person (except my family) who I get together with. And she has actually taught me a lot about friendship, well I think it was very mutual, we both learned a lot, and I am very thankful to her for that. And as I was growing up (I mean growing up mentally, gettting more versatile experience) I realized that one friend is not enough. I have spent several months and even 1 year abroad, I have lived in St. Petersburg for 3 years, and now I live in Moscow - and I have made and still making some amazing friends. Sometimes we don't see each other for several years, and sometimes we don't even talk to each other for several months - but does this mean that they won't be there for me when I need them? Of course not. I am completely confident in them. And I want them to be confident in me. That's why I think it is important to keep in touch. It lets them know that I am there when they need me, I will always help them, either with advice or with some certain actions.
So the advice of the day is: 

No comments:

Post a Comment