Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Decide to love

Today's post was going to be very positive and light and kind of airy, because it's been the whole month dedicated to love. Today is the 31st of July and I wanted to make a short summary of this month.
But I was disappointed with myself today. I didn't get up at 6 a.m., I didn't go jogging - so I couldn't meet my own expectations. I was so eager to wake up at the right time that I kept thinking about it the entire night and I fell asleep only at 4:40 in the morning. So when the alarm went off an hour and a half later, I turned it off and decided to give myself another 5 seconds - and I woke up again only around 8 o'clock. I felt very upset about it but didn't have time to think it over because I had to get ready and run to work. Then at work I had lunch and dinner with the people whose opinions and views on the life and work are very different from mine. Personally I don't understand how you can work with someone if you think that he/she is the stupidest person ever. And I felt this adulation and flattery and untruthfulness and there are several people like these in the office. And I didn't say anything about that, I kept my opinion to myself - but by the end of the day I was feeling miserable. I came home, I let the tears come out but then I laughed for 2 minutes. I know it should have been at least 5 minutes, but I just wasn't in the mood - this is again lack of pursuasiveness from my side. So, you see it wasn't the best day for me. But I have thought about it - and decided to love myself anyway. Even though I didn't get up as planned, I stuck to the 2nd part of this plan - I didn't eat anything sweet. Even though I didn't say my opinion about the colleagues - I still respect myself because every person is different, it is his/her own choice to think and to work the way that is best for him/her. If they want my opinion, I will let them know. Otherwise, I will make friends with other colleagues, the ones that inspire me, like my manager. Even though I didn't laugh for 5 minutes - I still did a great job to recover from today, I let the tears out and then I replaced them with laughter. So today I make a conscious choice to love myself. And that is the advice of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment