Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Love yourself: eat healthy

What is a better way to demonstrate love to yourself then taking care of yourself. And one of the main ways to take care of ourselves is to make sure that we stay as healthy as possible. Of course a physical workout is a wonderful way to stay healhy and fit, but not everyone can do it. For example, I myself used to hate P.E. lessons when I was at school. I come from a family when no one was doing any kind of sport. And also our eating habits were far from healthy. I don't in any way blame my parents for that, they gave me the best they could. But now as I am getting older and hopefully wiser and begining to take an active part in my self-development, I realize how important it is to take care of my body. And for me one of the best to do so it is to make sure that I eat the right things, e.g. when I want something sweet I now would rather go for an apple, than a cookie. I am a huge chocolate lover, I was so used to eating chocolate and sweets that I would have some of them at least three times a day with a cup of tea. Now I am trying to control that. I still remember the proverb we learned at the 5th grade - "An apple a day keeps a doctor away". Not a cookie, not a chocolate - but an apple. And an apple has now been on my dinner menu for almost a year. I plan to live a long and healthy life, that's why taking care of my body and eating the right food is one of the main priorities in my life.
So the advice of the day is: 

No comments:

Post a Comment